Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday

Dale, Sarah, and Lorri:
Sometimes it seems like there's supposed to be something monumental to record in order to make this worth your time to read. On the other hand, I remember my brother Cal's testimony when we were in our mid-teens . . . He simply gave thanks to the Lord for being with us through the "hum-drum" things in life. Today was probably hum-drum in that it was like most of our Wednesdays - long, but very good. Like Cal, though, I'm ever so grateful for God's goodness to us whether it's something big or just the ordinary things in life. In fact, to know that I heard from the Lord through the reading of Scripture is an amazing thing, and to see His handiwork in the lives of so many around is equally thrilling. Indeed, we have much to be grateful for. I'm thankful to see the Lord use Calvin with Ernie and Donna and so many others and to see his gift of service activated as the Lord prompts him. Likewise, Dori is constantly growing in her awareness of the Lord's gentle prompting and He's directing her in deep truths that will provide safe protection for her as she continues to follow His lead. Anna also demonstrates a growing sensitivity to the things of the Lord and using her gifts to honor Him.

Today's highlights:
-Calvin built a ramp so that Ernie can use the wheelchair to get Donna in and out of the house.
-Calvin decided not to bike out to Utah. Instead, he'll use the time to prepare for Uganda and spend time reading, arriving perhaps a week earlier than intended originally at Wilderness Quest.
-Dori had class this morning and worked at the hospital this afternoon/evening.
-Dori and Calvin topped the evening off with a trip to Fidler's. Dori took her long board along, so I'm assuming that means a trip to an empty parking garage.
-Anna had a luncheon to honor the students that were involved in the community leadership training throughout the school year. It cost too much for Dad or me to attend, and Anna wasn't feeling like it was necessary for us to join her.
-Anna worked hard at the piano, as usual. We're hoping for another lesson soon since it's hard to know how to progress without some direction. Her teacher hasn't been available for quite some time, so it is becoming a challenge to progress.
-There are only ten more days of school for Anna. That also means that I have a lot to get done in the meantime because the end of school also includes a lot of other things on the church calendar.
-Regarding the house, we're waiting for Uncle Mike to be able to return for the next coat of mud. He's so good at it that messing with what he does so masterfully seems absurd. We're grateful for what he's done and plan to compensate him for it.
-Dad gave plasma today and just keeps tucking away the money from it for travel expenses. It's what we hope to use for his trip with Calvin to Hawaii and money for our travels to NZ to see you, our loved ones there.
-Work at the church for Dad and for me was good. There are so many neat things we see the Lord doing that we are simply amazed. More than anything, we're grateful.
-We looked at the newly posted pictures from D/S's trip to Karikari. The one with the rainbow looks artificial. The beauty is absolutely amazing.

As I reflected on how the Lord is clearly at work in Calvin, Dori, and Anna, we're also grateful for the way He's been leading and using each of you in NZ. That is my prayer, and as I've been leading a study on Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman, specifically addressing some studies on temperaments, I've often used each of you as examples as you demonstrate so well how to allow the Lord to take you and use you in a manner that fits His plan and creation of who you are. I've been grateful to see how the Lord uses Lorri to help build relationships with those around you, and your willingness to go where He leads is sincerely appreciated. I must confess, though, how much it truly helps to have connections with you through technology like this. I don't know how I'd manage otherwise.

I love you all so much and thank you for taking the time to read your mother's notes. It's just refreshing to have a little chat with you. You can rest assured that each of you, including our little one growing inside of you, Sarah, is bathed in prayer. It's my prayer that your passion and pursuit of Truth will grow deeper each day and that you'll be found faithful in your service to Jesus.
I love you,
Mom (or should I say, Mum)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything is so amazing! This is the first time I've actually been able to sit down and look through things. I'm very impressed and excited for you all.

    Thank you also for all you write. I'm encouraged and I feel that motherly touch in my life as I read. I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete