Friday, June 19, 2009

Just staying in touch . . .

Dale, Sarah, Lorri, and Calvin,
Let me start by reminding you that I love you all so very much, and that I miss you. It was so good to talk to you the other day, Sarah, and Dale, I'm so sorry I missed your phone call. You know how much I LOVE hearing how each of you are, and especially what Lorri is learning. Calvin, I'm sorry your phone doesn't work. I've missed not knowing how you are, so even though my mind can wonder, I try to assume that no news is good news. Anyway, I'll try to highlight a few things to bring you all up-to-date on what's going on around here.

We just finished Bible School. It was a terrific week, but the highlight for me was seeing the youth serve so beautifully. It was neat to see them work within their areas of giftedness, and then watch how needs were met so perfectly. I was the story teller, and today's lesson was about the end of the Lord's Prayer . . . For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen. That's a very difficult passage to teach, but as I was standing in front of the kids making reference to the video clip we had just seen that so beautifully illustrated God's creation, I asked them how a monkey brings glory to God. The answer - when a monkey acts like a monkey because that's what God created it to be. Of course, all of creation fits that. As I've tried to understand the glory of God these past several years (more intently), and then also tried to learn what honest humility looks like, it struck me anew today (I don't know why I'm so slow on this stuff sometimes). We bring glory to God (just like any other of God's creation) when we live in the way that God created us to live. I want to live in that way so that the Lord will be glorified.

Additional activities this week include Dori not getting hours at work because she's low-ranking. However, her babysitting opportunities have paid better than her hospital job, so she's extremely grateful. Dori managed the kitchen and prepared noon meals for all the workers (with their kids) - around 50 - each day. She did an outstanding job! Anna worked with an autistic child at Bible School. She did really well, and she also went to summer school and cross country practice. She now has a friend (Paige Robison) joining her who is doing an outstanding job running. Paige has been a volleyball athlete, but is giving it up for cross. She's a super gal and a good friend of Anna's. Anna continues to practice instruments, too, of course.

Hey, there's a lot more I'd love to chat about, but I'm finding myself dozing off as I lay here writing. I'll simply catch up later. Remember how much I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment