Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My dear children,
Not being able to sleep, and after some time in prayer, I thought I'd take a moment to try and update this blog a bit. I'll probably be a bit random in journaling as I try to recall highlights for you.

A lot of the most recently posted pics are from our last Sunday with Becky. It was a beautiful day and one we enjoyed by just hanging out around here. We had enjoyed a good worship service, good food, and then good fellowship . . . my favorite way to spend a Sunday.

Dad just finished a week of vacation. It was good and productive. He finished the floor completely, and it looks great. Last night at family night, we picked up the table and chairs that we're buying for the front dining room. The dining room suit is beautiful, but we're not bringing it into the house until the trim is finished and we have pads for the chairs, table, and such. I'll try to post pics when it's in. I have to finish painting the windows, and then hang the blinds and curtains that we got for a really great price on the 4th of July . . . good sales that day.

We enjoyed family night last night at G/G S's. It was good to be together, and everyone seemed to be doing well. We drove Dad's truck up there to take the maple shelf that Grandpa made for my birthday a few years ago. He's going to separate it so that we can put it on the stairway wall. On the way back, then, we brought the table and chairs. I really don't like riding in the truck, though, because it's just more noise than I care to handle. Uncle Mike and Aunt Jill offered to help bring the table and chairs back in their vehicle, and they graciously allowed Anna and me to join them for the ride. I accepted and enjoyed delightful conversation in their vehicle. I'm sorry if it disappoints you that I don't care for the loud noise that comes with the truck, but it just seems to be more than I can handle.

Dori and Anna are fighting sore throats right now. Actually, their throats look pretty awful, but it's most likekly a virus. We'll see. Actually, the back of Dori's throat has what looks like about seven canker sores. She's had trouble with them anyway, but never in the back of her throat. It looks awful. We'll see how Anna's throat looks when she wakes up in a little while.

We enjoyed G/G W's 50th anniversary celebration. I'm grateful to say that everything went exceptionally well. We only served cake, ice cream, nuts, and mints, so that part was much less complicated than when we did G/G S's. It was a good day and G/G seemed to be pleased.

I'm grateful to say that I'm feeling a bit sleepy, so I'll try to get more rest before my day really needs to start. Please remember how much I love you all and that nothing matters more to Dad and to me than to see you love the Lord our God with all of your hearts, with all of your souls, with all of your minds, and with all of your strength . . . and to love your neighbor as yourself. Wherever you live, and whatever you do, it is our prayer that this will be the condition of your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment